Kover, a company that provides alternative insurance technology, is using its tools to create a relief fund to further assist rideshare drivers and other gig workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are some details:
- For $6 a week, gig workers are covered in case they miss work and fall behind on bills.
- If they test positive for COVID-19, they file a claim and receive $1,000 the next business day from our fund.
- All leftover contributions will be redistributed to those covered when the fund terminates on 6/15/2020.
- For the initial launch, we’re supporting up to 1,000 workers on the following platforms: Uber, Lyft, UberEats, Postmates, Instacart, DoorDash, Amazon Flex, Grubhub, Shipt, Deliv, and Caviar.
- We’re working with other investors to increase the number of drivers covered and hopefully expand coverage for other hotspots across the country.
- Kover is matching all contributions dollar for dollar and will not take any fees, processing or otherwise.
They’ve published a press release.